Job Title: WASH Assistant
Job Location: Based in Amuda, Syria
Start Date: 21 April 2017
Deadline: 3 May 2017
Contract Length: 6 months
Background on ACTED:
ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is an international NGO founded in 1993 and headquartered in Paris. ACTED implements projects in 30 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, Central America and the Middle East. ACTED currently has operations in northern Syria and Turkey. The activities include WASH, Non-Food Items, Food Security, Capacity Development, and Information Management in camps, urban and rural areas.
ACTED is currently looking for one (1) qualified candidate to fill in the position of WASH assistant in Amuda, Syria to support the programs.
Under the authority of supervising ACTED staff the WASH assistant is responsible for supporting the implementation of all technical programmes/interventions undertaken by ACTED or sub-contracted, matching with ACTED’s quality criteria and strategy related to small and medium enterprises and entrepreneurial activities.
He/She is fully responsible of the activities decided by the supervisor in terms of quality, respect of the targets and deadline.
• BSc in Engineering or related degree
• Minimum of 1 years of relevant experience, previous NGO experience is an advantage
• Experience in activity reports
• Ability to learn new systems quickly and effectively
• Organized and flexible, ability to respond to changing priorities
• Ability to work independently on own initiative, assess risk and make plans accordingly
• Fluency in Arabic, Kurdish and good English language skills (spoken and written)
• Flexible and creative approach with a proven ability to resolve issues and identify solutions
• Demonstrable high level of interpersonal skills and patience
• Excellent organizational skills and accuracy
• Impartiality, objectivity and confidentiality
• Ability to travel locally and regionally, if necessary
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Project officer, the WASH Assistant’s responsibilities include:
a) General responsibilities:
a. Working with the local authorities to understand the water systems within the targeted area where implementation of the WASH aspects of projects will be conducted.
b. Participates to and support technical assessments.
c. Supports the Project Officer on the activities implementations and field visits.
a. Collect photos, documents and information of program implementation and ensure that donor visibility is respected;
b. Assists in the identification and location of beneficiaries when requested.
c. Submits activity reports
c) Technical Tasks
a. Supports the implementing of WASH activities.
b. Has a clear understanding of WASH methodologies regarding the activities, such as rehabilitation of water networks, to achieve project objectives.
c. Participates to elaborate deliverables to specification and within timeline.
d. Provide required information to relevant parties as dictated by superiors.
e. Participates in identifying best practices and lessons learned.
d) Administration and Other Tasks
a. Maintain an efficient, organized system of paperwork and reporting for field work.
b. Ensure timely departure and return from the field: this includes leaving to the field with all necessary documents and materials to complete a successful workday.
c. To perform other duties as requested by the project and country management team.
Submission of application:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send a resume, covering letter, with three references, in English to: email@example.com Please use include the job title in the subject of the email. Applications will no longer be accepted after 1 May, 2017